ADDITION TO MY DREAM HOUSE FILE:
Black & White


 




Yes, this gorgeous home of William-Sonoma Home's VP of Design is definitely, well, my entire dream house file. I am *loving* the black and white contrast against the warm wood floors. Simple yet elegant and refined - yes! There are tons of small space ideas in here from using the walls to double duty furniture and decor items to mirrored furniture to using vertical accents to create scale. See more of this pretty home right here.


::images via Elle Decor::

Comments

2 Responses to "ADDITION TO MY DREAM HOUSE FILE:
Black & White

"

Katy said... 11/02/2009

I agree, this is a FANTASTIC house. My problem, though, with many of the images I find is that these places don't look lived in. For example, a coffee table full of books and a potted plant? A large mirrored sideboard or table? Gorgeous, for sure, but SO not practical in my mind. And yes, if you have a 14-room house then it's fine for a few of the rooms to be less than practical, but for those of us who are still embracing apartment and condo living it doesn't really work. I do agree that mirrored pieces add depth and such, but I just wish some of the options in these home magazines were both aesthetically pleasing and functional for everyday living. :)

Daniela Valdez said... 11/06/2009

Hey! Your blog is really amazing!! I would LOVE to exchange links with you, please let me know!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on loving. living. small.