small space d.i.y.
turn your frame into an inspiration board in 5 minutes

YAY, I FINALLY FOUND A ROLL OF CORK FOR ONLY $10

SUPER EASY TO MAKE

A BEFORE OF JUST THE FRAME

ANOTHER BEFORE SHOT

AND ITS DONE - NOW AN INSPIRATION BOARD

STARTED ADDING SOME INSPIRING (TO ME) THINGS. MORE TO COME...

When I moved into my new small space, I definitely knew that my new dining room-turned-office would have a special place for an inspiration board. I've never had a functioning visual board in my space before, opting for spiral bound sketchbooks instead. This new space was perfect for a visual space and instead of buying a boring old bulletin board, I decided to make my own for $35.

I bought the biggie RIBBA frame at Ikea for $25, a pretty good deal for such a large frame. After stopping in at a few stores, I finally found exactly what I need, a roll of cork. (That's the other $10) Once home, I taped down one end to the matte and cut to size and -voila - a brand new and pretty looking inspiration board. Since I just moved in, I am still working on filling it up but I have tons and tons of inspiration waiting in my notebooks, like the blurb from an old magazine that got me going in design in the first place (yes, I actually kept this!)

Share

Comments

4 Responses to "small space d.i.y.
turn your frame into an inspiration board in 5 minutes

"

Jessica said... 7/27/2010

Hello! May I ask where your gorgeous white bookcase is from? I've been scouring the internets looking for one just like it, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

loving. living. small. said... 7/27/2010

jessica, that's the brand new LACK shelf from IKEA. I love it too - and it's super affordable - about $40 or so.

Juliet Robinson said... 7/29/2010

I love it! Where did you find the roll of cork? $10 seems like a great price!

Jessica said... 7/29/2010

Hi! Where did you find the cork roll?

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on loving. living. small.