ADDITION TO MY DREAM HOUSE FILE:
Chalkboard Wall


I have seen the chalkboard accent wall aesthetic many times in home design and really love it but couldn't quite figure out a way to incorporate it into my own small space - until now. I spotted this gorgeous office space of the editor of Canadian House & Home (via Desire To Inspire) and absolutely fell in love! It feels incredibly comfortable. The birch tree wall paper contrasting with the black of the chalkboard wall creates a modern yet rustic tone. Mixed with the shag white rug, I can sleep - live - dream in this room! (Now I only have to convince Boy for yet another small space makeover. Hmmm - more to come on that one!)

Enjoy!


Comments

2 Responses to "ADDITION TO MY DREAM HOUSE FILE:
Chalkboard Wall
"

Anonymous said... 9/17/2008

Hi there,
I couldn't help myself when I saw your post, I love your blog! I'm a big fan of Suzanne Dimma (she designed this room), living in Canada I get to follow her a variety of media, Wish Magazine (which is where that pic is, under offices), she is moving to Canadian House and Home magazine in October as the Editor, which I hope injects some much needed eclectism to that mag! She also has an HGTV show here called The Style Dept. Just to really round out her life she is married to a highly sought after Architect here in Toronto! Parooze around she is a great designer!
Killer! Nuff said!
http://www.househunting.ca/decorating/story.html?id=c60c0ded-cdcf-476a-ac2e-3f4574896354

again, love the blog!

Moxie said... 9/17/2008

I have a chalkboard door panel on the front of the closet in my office. I really like it, but I'm not sure I'd care for a whole wall. But I always envy those catalog pics, too :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on loving. living. small.