small {parking} spaces for people to hang out


:: Yatzer's hipsters hanging out ::


 :: loving. living. small's "parking space" ::


one of my favorite new sites is Yatzer, full of amazing design, interesting content and cool art ideas. this site seems to break the mold a bit of design sites. one of the posts that caught my eye was an art installation with the idea that people would have dedicated parking spaces, so to speak. If I had my own space, I would definitely have some string lights, a cozy lounger and a portable fireplace on a cream shag rug. oh, and some Veuve Clicquot and chocolate covered strawberries. (aww, fab outdoor living!!)

How would you design your parking space?

Comments

7 Responses to "small {parking} spaces for people to hang out"

Anonymous said... 2/11/2010

Rebecca! I love that re-upholstered eames style chair. Where did you find this?

loving. living. small. said... 2/11/2010

eek - forgot to include the link. it's from an ATLA post http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/la/seating-sofas-armchairs/ornate-meets-modern-with-bokja--098672 i know, I love it too!!!

ashlina {the decorista} said... 2/11/2010

those are super cool...lovin them...

Greta said... 2/11/2010

HI! I just found your blog via Beach Bungalow 8. It's great! Although my house is 1200 square feet, we are 5 living here and soon to be 6, so I think we are living small. Prior to this, we lived 4 people in 600 square feet, so this house is pretty huge in comparison.
I will be coming by often to get tips as it always seems I need to edit our home and make it more spacious. Most people can't believe we'll stay here with 4 kids, but I wouldn't trade it for a Mcmansion. (but maybe for a sprawling mid-century ranch. I can dream)
Also, I hope there will still be Blog Out Loud events in so cal now that you are up north. I attended the one at DWR and loved it. Can't believe I didn't catch that you had this blog too. Glad to know now.
I'll be back,
Greta

Anonymous said... 2/24/2010

The portable fireplace is fantastic! Where did you find it? Any idea where you could buy one?
Thanks!

loving. living. small. said... 2/24/2010

The fireplace is by Conmoto http://www.conmoto.com/ i know, i love it too!

Anonymous said... 2/24/2010

Now that I see the lounger covered in fabric I see why you are looking at fabric for it. Thanks for the photos.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on loving. living. small.