small space accent:
modern knit







:: Modern knit interpreted through Ferm Living, Flocks and West Elm ::

I am loving the modern craft look and we actually showcased it as a trend for 2010. now I don't believe in the word trend. We actually talked about that quite a bit last week. I do believe in the idea that some design ideas become more popular or highlighted than others but the most design styles are always around so don't worry if you have it or it's over - it's not. If you love it in your space, it's timeless. To me, knit items are totally timeless and perfect for every small space. Amazing texture + style, knit has more recently been interpreted to items like ottomans, office decor and more. Gone are the days of grandma's throw (although my grandmother did knit back in the day and I am so very lucky to have a hand-knit throw from her!!), today you can expect to see every aspect of the the home taking part in knit design.

Comments

2 Responses to "small space accent:
modern knit

"

Anne @ The City Sage said... 2/09/2010

LOVE knits in the home! Just something so cozy and fresh about them. In fact I'm sitting under a red knit blanket right now (though thanks to the kittens, it's seen better days for sure ;)

Two Flights Down said... 2/10/2010

I love knits, too. Lately, especially, I can't get enough of them. They're so welcoming and beautiful.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on loving. living. small.