using your walls
simple way to layer artwork







I knew that when I moved into my place and set up my built-in units that I'd lose an entire wall. But no worries, I embraced the space by using the actual book shelves as a platform for my frames. (a look that I have seen many times and love - like in Grant K. Gibson's stylish space above that he designed for one of his clients - loooooove this room)

I just used two small nails to hang a few frames and now have a little be of extra dimension and a cool way to break up the lines a bit of all that shelving. Super easy and I think it looks pretty cool - makes my small space feel good.  

:: Image by sweetie Grant Gibson ::



Share

Comments

1 Response to "using your walls
simple way to layer artwork

"

Jessica said... 8/16/2010

Love this...I've always thought bookcases behind sofas/beds is a great use of space.

I would like to do it in my room in LA, but I'm worried about the earthquake business...I don't want things falling on my head.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on loving. living. small.